Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Man I need to tour!

Lots of ways to get a bit of touring in so long as you can actually ride a bike. (And maybe even not.)
You may find some inspiration here:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/virtual-touring.271144/

I've said it here before but I've taken my Trangia to work on my morning commute so that I can stop on the way home at a nice spot and brew up a coffee.

Long winter nights are great for looking at whatever inspires us. I know you're not a fan of videos but there are lots of great books.
Lidl, especially, do random batches of ethnic food. A good read and eating something from the locale after a bike ride can be enjoyable. Or plotting routes in places near and far.

Of course, winter nights are great for testing out camping gear in the garden or a friendly farmer's field.

Any bike ride can be used to test out navigation skills, compare one route planner to another or to test out our mechanical skills "in the wild" - all with the comfort of being close to home. Testing any apps we might like to use - with and without a signal - can be very useful.

It's not "Touring" in the conventional sense but it's feeding the dream, keeping it alive and acquiring experience.

Obligatory photo....
Trying out my cooking.
Sometimes the main objective of an overnighter was simply to try out some recipes in the wild. It wasn't just the recipe though - it was also testing out the logistics of cooking in different weather, what I needed in terms of equipment etc. and the importance of a chair on a cold, wet night!

20210211_065157-COLLAGE.jpg

Bottom left is when I attempted to make a flatbread in the rain in a forest^_^. A success, but really, really not worth the effort! ^_^

rualexander

Legendary Member
If it's Carratera Austral night, here's a few from 1997/98

0298-31-01.jpeg

0298-35 copy2-01-01.jpeg

0298b-07-01.jpeg

0298b-24-01.jpeg

Top Bottom