Post Olympics honeymoon period over!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
I'm sure i wasn't alone, but in the aftermath of t'olympics, cycle commutes seemed to be awash with love and respect from fellow road users. Cars would pass leaving a gap you could drive a proverbial bus through. White Van Man was replaced with professional and considerate drivers and everyone had a smile and a nod for everyone.

I thought i would never last and alas it hasn't. Maybe it's 'cos it's dark or that it's just Monday but today i have;

been called a c**t by taxi driver by electing to follow the highway code and taking my right of way in front of him at a roundabout
been told by a pedestrian to get off the road
been given the old 5 finger shuffle gesture by some (male) tart in a hairdresser's car when taking a strong secondary through a pinch point. In queuing traffic so i wasn't holding him up in the slightest.

Still, at least i got a wave from a bus driver to let me know he'd seen me as he was waiting to pull out of a T junction so it's not all bad.

Anyone else find the Olympic collective love in has been replaced by the more accustomed interactions?

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
I think it all depends on how you perceive it. I didn't really notice a difference during the Olympics.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I'm sure i wasn't alone, but in the aftermath of t'olympics, cycle commutes seemed to be awash with love and respect from fellow road users. Cars would pass leaving a gap you could drive a proverbial bus through. White Van Man was replaced with professional and considerate drivers and everyone had a smile and a nod for everyone.

I thought i would never last and alas it hasn't. Maybe it's 'cos it's dark or that it's just Monday but today i have;

been called a c**t by taxi driver by electing to follow the highway code and taking my right of way in front of him at a roundabout
been told by a pedestrian to get off the road
been given the old 5 finger shuffle gesture by some (male) tart in a hairdresser's car when taking a strong secondary through a pinch point. In queuing traffic so i wasn't holding him up in the slightest.

Still, at least i got a wave from a bus driver to let me know he'd seen me as he was waiting to pull out of a T junction so it's not all bad.

Anyone else find the Olympic collective love in has been replaced by the more accustomed interactions?

He was probably remonstrating with you for not being in primary through the pinch point. I know I would.;)

Top Bottom