Post Your Broadband Speed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Over the Ord

I’d say good but we have periods where web pages won’t load.

IMG_0433.png

Tenkaykev

Guru
Installed in November FTTH. This is the WiFi speed my phone is seeing. I did plug in the Ethernet to my laptop once and was getting 900+ symmetrical but I don't bother as WiFi is more than sufficient.

IMG_5314.jpeg

Seems ample. I'd love to know if we do need these super speeds ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-02-14-37-56-72_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-02-14-37-56-72_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
I don't think we do.
We have 35meg. That's more then ample for us 2 at home and for whoever visits. Phones, computers, Smart TV, streamimg netflix etc.

Aah but the more the speed the higher the cost.

I'm thinking of getting a 5g thingy and a cheap contract when it's available here. Even my 4g is over 100mrg. Screw Virgin.

presta

Guru
I'm thinking of getting a 5g thingy and a cheap contract when it's available here. Even my 4g is over 100mrg. Screw Virgin.

My 4g router is doing 9Mb/s at the moment, which is about typical, and slower but cheaper than the copper line. It varies from 20Mb/s on a good test, to 500k at worst.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We pay virgin for up to 400mb/sec which we do get in the lounge, but it doesn't even reach into the conservatory which is 30ft away. The VM superhub are notoriously bad, I tried a TPLinks router but it didn't work at all. So had to go get a powerline adapter which is only just adequate to do my work from home. The other complaint with VM is that the signal does tend to drop out completely for 30 seconds a few times a week

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Ok but the bullet and went to Virgin for WiFi Seems fast enough so far fingers crossed Quick question though in the back bedroom upstairs,furthest away from router not as good,can I buy a extender to plug in ? Saw some for 10/15 quid is it as simple as just plugging it in.
Wouldn't normally bother but it's my teenage daughters bedroom and interfering with her WiFi could be a fate worse than death !

What package are you on?

It’s worth calling them to see if you qualify for their guarantee:

Our WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max

With WiFi Max, we want to make sure you’ll enjoy download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room – if you don’t, we’ll send you one of our signal-boosting mesh WiFi Pods. If that doesn’t do the job, we’ll send you up to a total of 3.

We’re so confident in this technology that we’ve launched our WiFi guarantee. This means if you don’t get download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room, and our WiFi Pods don’t do the trick, we’ll pop £100 credit onto your next bill.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Plusnet FTTC. Down from 76mbps a few years ago (the perils of a shared connection). Contract up in May, so I'll be going for fibre, probably 900mbps or more. It's the same price so it would be daft not to, especially as I'll finally be able to download the entire Steam library (recentish games can take four or five hours...if you're lucky).
<a href="https://www.speedtest.net/result/15960794604"> 15960794604.png

Adam4868

Guru
What package are you on?

It’s worth calling them to see if you qualify for their guarantee:

Our WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max

With WiFi Max, we want to make sure you’ll enjoy download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room – if you don’t, we’ll send you one of our signal-boosting mesh WiFi Pods. If that doesn’t do the job, we’ll send you up to a total of 3.

We’re so confident in this technology that we’ve launched our WiFi guarantee. This means if you don’t get download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room, and our WiFi Pods don’t do the trick, we’ll pop £100 credit onto your next bill.
Had a Virgin engineer come round to check it out after I complained....surprising what a phone call to cancel will do ! I was in my cooling off period anyway.
Came round the next day and ended up with a upgraded router ? Did the trick anyway and I've had no problem or complaints since.Get this speed all over the house now.... presume it's good ? Streams the football with no circle of death now anyway 😁
Screenshot_20240302-222108.png

Top Bottom