Post your monthly Training Plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Continuing the Winter schedule in building up speed

Up a 1 mile climb in 52/18 - coast down - repeat 3 times.

rest

Repeat in 52/17

rest

Repeat in 52/16

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Brahan said:
Well I finished 9th on the 10 and 6th on the 25. Still no intervals as yet on the turbo, infact I've not touched it for ages. I'm still commuting 25-30 miles per day in all conditions and occasionaly putting in some hard efforts on the way home. No science behind it but it seems to leave me feeling energised and full of beans for the next day.

Got another 2up this weekend so need to keep my legs fresh.

Still got a big (non aero) belly. :wacko:

If you dont mind me asking, what were your times? Just curious since im starting to train with 10 mile TT in mind.

In keeping with the thread:

My training regime come about a weeks time (following a few days rest, then a MHR test on monday) will be:

1) 2x20 mins (Warm up 15 minutes, 2 x 20 minutes with a minimum of 5 mins between sets @ 85-95% MHR. Ensuring that the first set is on the low side of effort.)
2) Easy ride 30-45 @ < 65% MHR.
3) Moderate ride 1.5 – 2 hours @ <75% MHR (or run)
4) Easy ride as before
5) Intervals
6) Moderate ride as before (or run)
7) Rest

Repeat for 7 weeks, then replace 2x20 with a 10 mile TT effort for 1 week. Repeat.

Easy days may also include some short core and strength sessions to aid in maintaining an aero possition once I becomes more acclimatised to the training plan.

Training plan and structure courtesy of Bill Gates!

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I'm still off the bike with sore knees although the pain is almost gone. Hopefully back riding within the next 7 days and can then get to grips with losing weight which is piling on at the moment.

Brahan

Über Member
Rob3rt said:
If you dont mind me asking, what were your times? Just curious since im starting to train with 10 mile TT in mind./QUOTE]

Hi Rob

Sure, my times were: 24:27 for the 10 and 58:46 for the 25.

Enjoy your riding dude, let us know how it goes.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Brahan said:
Hi Rob

Sure, my times were: 24:27 for the 10 and 58:46 for the 25.

Enjoy your riding dude, let us know how it goes.

Thanks :angry: Wanted to know since its always good to beat your own times, but its even better for your moral when you realise you are putting in times worthy of entering a race :smile: shame im a long way off, I think im somewhere like 34 mins through city centre(i.e on the best of days I'll hit at least 3-4 sets of lights) on a track bike. Just got the aero bars, time to put in the graft! For a club TT will the course avoid traffic lights? I dont know all that much about the organisation of these races, but for example lights may catch 1 rider but not another hence one rider could lose 30 secs or more, where another rider doesnt.

Top Bottom