Posties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrben

I suspect that the compulsory helmet thing is a health and safety manifesto. If you fall and injure yourself with no helmet, you wouldn't be able to sue.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Arch said:
I'm surprised you're surprised, somehow... Seems quite likely to me, in a flatish city with lots of cyclists.

Yeah, I guess so, if you put it like that. I suppose that its more that I don't recall last time I saw a postie here who didn't have a bike; even when they're on foot its usually 'cos the bike is leaning on a lamp post just down the street.

Plenty in York, only the other day I saw a small peloton leaving the sorting office on the riverside path, and thought how cheery they all looked. And my mate, who was knocked off the other week is a postie and has done foot, bike and van deliveries in his time. In fact he sometimes delivers to the stables I ride at, and they are always threatening to get him on a horse, maybe that would be another way to deliver!;) I've never been in a vehicle he's been driving, so I can't say, but I would imagine, since he is a keen cyclist that he's pretty considerate.

Now mail delivered by horse... Not only do you get your post, but a fighting chance of steaming fresh manure! I like that idea :blush:

I'm sure that a lot of posties are very considerate on the roads, its just that I seem to encounter so much desperately bad driving from Royal Mail vans. Its such a contrast with the generally good, cheery behaviour I encounter from posties on bikes. Chuffys comments make a certain sense out of it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:
Now mail delivered by horse... Not only do you get your post, but a fighting chance of steaming fresh manure! I like that idea ;)

Well, it worked for the Pony Express....

Mind you, not on the teeny little pony I rode yesterday. It'd take ages! Even better was my friend who was on a pony so little, he could almost have picked it up and run with it.... Gymkhana fun!

Top Bottom