posting a mtb tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveM

Has anyone ever sent a mtb tyre through the post, if so please can you let me know if you rapped it up in paper or put it in a box or did something else.

Thanks

I haven't, but if I did, I'd 'fold' the tyre into a figure of eight, put the two loops together, then tie them, and put them in a suitably large jiffy bag.

Should/might work.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
If it's wire beaded you should be able to get it into a fig 8, but if it's one of the more expensive 'foldable' tyres, then pull it out from opposing sides (3 0'clock and 9) till it goes flat, and then roll it up. It's how you see them packaged and displayed in shops.

Folding a steel beaded tyre in two (from a figure of 8) has the potential to severely damage the bead by putting a twist innit. Far better to fold the tyre into three, like an 8 with another loop. Grab hold of oposite points on the tyre, bring them together until they cross, swap hands and tuck the two outer loops into the center. Voila! Happy tyre!

bonj2

Dayvo said:
I haven't, but if I did, I'd 'fold' the tyre into a figure of eight, put the two loops together, then tie them, and put them in a suitably large jiffy bag.

Should/might work.

DO NOT do this! It will wa ... , sorry, ruin the tyre. Unless it's meant to be a folding tyre.

bonj2

I've sent a tyre before by just wrapping parcel tape round it. And not even all the way round it at that.

rob_mcp

Wrap it in some plastic sheeting - I think I used the bag from a new armchair we had, stick it well with tape and stick the address label/stamps on it - let's face it it isn't going to break if they drop it!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Point it in the direction you want it to go, write the address on it and give it a push :rolleyes: Helpful members of the public might help it on its way....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
D

DaveM

Thanks for the replies guys, I went with the wrapping it in parcel tape option

Top Bottom