Postmans Christmas tip?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

:blush: Couldn't agree more "gingerwizard".
On a serious note, communications are changing at an alarming speed and if you cannot change also, you will end-up as the printers/miners did in the eighties. Maggie had not a shred of compassion for anyone who stood in her way! This lot of poiticians are no different. The ends justify the means.
Governments and employers will use change to drive down costs and if you resist beyond a certain point, they will use the lawbook and police to TIP you out. :angry::sad:

Mortiroloboy

Our postie is great, I once helped him, by lending him my track pump to inflate a tyre on his crappy old bike, how he gets anywhere on it is a wonder to me.

Just put up the cost of stamps by a few pennies to helpthe Royal Mail make ends meet, we have the best postal system in the world.

I have never had any item of mail go missing, get damaged or stolen.

And all for the princely sum of 20p for first class letters, you can't go wrong... Can you?

I'm sorry I must have dozed off for sometime, I do apologise.:blush:

KitsuneAndy

The mail in Norwich is attrocious, we have a new postie as well, doesn't speak a word of english.

One guy got sacked a few years ago because instead of delivering mail, he was burying it.

We've had letters and parcels go missing. Recorded delivery items go missing (before they were even registered as recorded and RM then told me that I mustn't have posted it, just paid for the postage...).

Cards at Xmas coming in those bags that say "sorry, we damaged your mail" but you could see it had actually just been opened, no pretense in it, just ripped all the way along the top, obviously checking for cash!

They've even lost mail after they'd attempted delivery and left me a card, went to pick it up and they didn't have it there. Told me it must have already been redelivered.

Seems like theft is only a crime if you don't work for RM!

So my postie has already had his tip, all the stuff he's nicked.

gbb

Legendary Member
I wouldnt give the postie a christmas tip.....i dont give anyone a Xmas tip anymore, thats all a bit old hat now isnt it ?

FWIW, dont forget, the postmen themselves only deliver the mail. Theyre not responsible for work practices, changes in delivery times, changes to shift patterns, hikes in postage rates etc etc etc. Most of them are just like us....trying to do a job.

i know a postie....hes been complaining for 2 or 3 years now...the management have been p1ssing them round from pillar to post with new practices and threatening to cut into a decent pension hes been paying into for years.

I think i'd feel a bit agrieved.

Top Bottom