Postperson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldfatfool

Legendary Member
Cutbacks, no floating staff, Wednesday is the busiest day, glad I left :hyper:
 

Oxo

Legendary Member
Location
Cumbria
Last time I saw our postman I asked why we always get our mail second delivery. Muttered something about 'management' and went on his unhappy way.
 

Glow worm

Squire
Location
Near Newmarket
It wasn't this fellow was it?

image.jpeg
 

Oxo

Legendary Member
Location
Cumbria
must have been a while ago, I thought Royal Mail scrapped second deliveries about 15 years ago ;)

Post is now delivered mid afternoon when we always got it early morning. Officially it is the first delivery.
 

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
My postman is a chick.

This guy?:

IMG_0046.JPG


Is a UK version of this stamp used to post things to you??:

IMG_0045.JPG
 
Last edited:
Is now a good time to resurrect that old Ken Dodd joke:

What a wonderful day! What a wonderful day for sticking a cucumber through next door's letterbox and shouting, 'look out! The Martians have landed!'
 

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Do you know, during the 1800s people would get as many as seven postal deliveries in a day?
These my post comes instantly, via the magic of the internet. And it costs me and the sender almost nothing.
 
Top Bottom