Potholes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Typically last week I ran into a rather deep pothole which wrote off a 3 month old rearwheel but fortunately my 2 day old front one survived intact! I wouldn't mind so much but I cycled past it for a week thinking I must report it on the ctc website. Reported it Monday ran into pothole tuesday (a rather bizzare set of circumstances added to the fact that it was hard to spot due to shadows from trees). Bloomin typical!!
Why do these things only happen when you have new wheels on your bike??

skwerl

if it's been there a while and not repaired you might be able to claim from the council

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Two things:
One, motorist have succeed in suing councils for damage to their cars due to pot hole, so why not you.
Two, report the pot hole at www.fillthathole.org.uk, Ok reading you post you've already done that bit, but for anyone else out there with the same problem.

col

Legendary Member
Take a photo of it,and claim for damages,i know of someone who ripped their coat on a low sign turned in on its post,replacement coat and apologies were sent,it should have been a lot higher and twisted the other way.I think it was the photo that did it.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Of course there's that small problem that he reported it the day before, which is both necessary to make a claim, and slaughters his own claim.

bonj2

BentMikey said:
Of course there's that small problem that he reported it the day before, which is both necessary to make a claim, and slaughters his own claim.

it's probably worth chancing it that they won't have bothered logging it - it's only £30 to do a suing.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Keith Oates said:
When you make the claim, I wouldn't mention the fact that you cycled past it for a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na just say that you were forced to go into it by a passing car, then it becomes more of a road safety issue.

Top Bottom