potholes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Catty

hello folks.

Has anyone here put a claim in after hitting a pothole and going arris over teet over the handlebars?

It happened to me on monday and i was wondering if it was worth putting a claim in.

NigC

I don't know the regulations with any certainty, but I'm sure you can put in a complaint to the local council and claim for any damage incurred ;)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have, last February came off damaged my handle bars and mirror cost to me £50, put a claim in to the council and received a letter back saying "they are looking into it" (what the hole ;)) I’ll be happy if I get my £50 back, but not holding my breath.

NigC

Also, make sure you get some good pictures of the pothole in question and if possible try to make sure the pictures show something that can be identified to pinpoint the location - a picture that just shows a pothole can be taken anywhere. It might just help your case and there's no way the council could deny the existence of the hole in the first place.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
And photograph it quickly - they may fill it in now they know that an accident has occurred there. Have you checked to see if it was already reported to the council via one of the on-line websites?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Catty said:
hello folks.

Has anyone here put a claim in after hitting a pothole and going arris over teet over the handlebars?

It happened to me on monday and i was wondering if it was worth putting a claim in.

ouch, are you are okay, was there much damage to you or the bike?

I guess this could be another justification for investing in a cheap head cam

OP
OP
C

Catty

jonny jeez said:
ouch, are you are okay, was there much damageo to you or the bike?

I guess this could be another justification for investing in a cheap head cam
The bike was fine lol, more than i was!

Scary being strapped to a spinal board and having to be tipped over so i could throw up :ohmy:

potsy

Rambler
Friend of mine claimed for a new back wheel and cassette after hitting the kerb last year,was looking behind and lost balance then tried to bunny hop up onto the pavement at about 25mph on a 35kg electric bike:blush: needless to say he didn't quite make it:smile:
He then took a pic of a nearby pothole and said he hit that.Local council paid out his £80 repair bill:ohmy:

Top Bottom