Power Torq v Ultra Torq

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The Ultra torque crank has a central bolt that holds it together and theoretically needs a special tool to tighten it, I used a 10mm allen key with a ring spanner slid onto the arm to tighten the Centaur one on my Campagnolo equipped bike.

The centre bolt is too far in to allow the allen key to be used conventionally but sliding a 10mm spanner onto the long section allows enough force to be applied to tighten the bolt.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...torque&usg=AFQjCNGSYmDnA3YfQERkXDgLfGICP72sEQ

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Cheers folks, I went ahead and ordered a chorus 11sp chainset and I needed a new rear mech too so ordered the matching rear mech, hopefully it'll work with my 10spd shifters. I ran 8sp shifters with a 9sp dérailleur and 8sp cassette before no problem with just adjusting the limit screws, so hopefully this will be the same and I can upgrade the shifters at a later date.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
If it's 2015 chorus then you may have issues as the pull ratio changed and only 2015 and onwards shifters will work with 2015 dérailleurs. They are not backward compatible.
Sounds like the next purchase will be new shifters :okay:

Top Bottom