prague to vienna greenways trail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jks

Am interested in doing this trail next year independently and any help re where to get maps (in UK), places to stay, best places where to rent bikes - 2 countries 2 bike hires? Any information would be appreciated.

Bigtallfatbloke

Vienna (Wien) is a nice city...go see the palace there, very interesting. If you get the chance take a trip out to Salzburg, you won't regret it. Salzburg is particulary nice at Christmas with all the Weinachtsmarkts and Gluhwein stalls...bit cold then for a cycle tour I guess.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Vienna (Wien) is a nice city...go see the palace there, very interesting. If you get the chance take a trip out to Salzburg, you won't regret it. Salzburg is particulary nice at Christmas with all the Weinachtsmarkts and Gluhwein stalls...bit cold then for a cycle tour I guess.

BTFB, I think you'l find that Salzburg is just a wee bit out of the way of the Greenways from Prague to Vienna. However if you do have the odd week to spare having got to Vienna, head up the Danube until you meet the Inn, turn left and follow the Inn to the Salzach, take another left and follow upstream to Salzburg.

As the guy on the other place says "There is a Czech-language website for the 'Greenway', and one section of the website shows the route:
http://www.prahawien.greenways.info/maps.htm"

Nothing like a quick spot of plagiarism ;)

Top Bottom