Praxis Works OSBB Adaptor For my Roubaix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm looking to upgrade my Roubaix from the current Shimano Sora 9sp compact, to Ultegra 6800 11sp. I already have the groupset, but I don't think the chainset is a straight swap.

I believe the Roubaix has OSBB, whilst the chainset I want to fit is Hollowtech II. I was thinking of buying a Praxis Works BB adaptor, rather than a new chainset. DOes anyone have experience with these, fitting and so forth?
Ta

I'm looking to upgrade my Roubaix from the current Shimano Sora 9sp compact, to Ultegra 6800 11sp. I already have the groupset, but I don't think the chainset is a straight swap.

I believe the Roubaix has OSBB, whilst the chainset I want to fit is Hollowtech II. I was thinking of buying a Praxis Works BB adaptor, rather than a new chainset. DOes anyone have experience with these, fitting and so forth?
Ta
They are better than the shims you can also do the job with, that stick on the sides of the frame at the BB, but there is an even better solution.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wheels-manufacturing-bb30-to-24mm-crank-spindle-shims/

Here are the shims ( not brilliant IME).

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fsa-bb30-conversion-kit/

This is a great bit of kit. It bonds into the frame, and turns a press fit into a threaded Hollowtech II BB setup.

These guys do a nice solution for OSBB to HT II as well.

http://wheelsmfg.com/carbon-osbb-tech

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have a Roubaix with BB30 that creaked until I discovered the cure but at that time I did look at the Praxis Works conversion and thought it was very good. Never actually handled one but in the YouTube videos it looks like a well-designed product.

You'll love the 11 speed Ultegra 6800, it's a huge improvement on the old 10 speed 6700 and will transform your bike.

I have a Roubaix with BB30 that creaked until I discovered the cure but at that time I did look at the Praxis Works conversion and thought it was very good. Never actually handled one but in the YouTube videos it looks like a well-designed product.

You'll love the 11 speed Ultegra 6800, it's a huge improvement on the old 10 speed 6700 and will transform your bike.
Very true.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A little investigating, and I find the 11 speed chainset is a Gossamer one, and currently fitted to my RT-58 with a Mega Exo BB. It seems this and the OSBB are directly compatible, so I may not have a problem after all..Fingers crossed

A little investigating, and I find the 11 speed chainset is a Gossamer one, and currently fitted to my RT-58 with a Mega Exo BB. It seems this and the OSBB are directly compatible, so I may not have a problem after all..Fingers crossed
I think the 61mm shell is the same. I believe later Roubaixs have a more common 68mm wide BB ( wouldn't swear to it, as Specialized are renowned for chopping and changing designs). The HT II has a 24 mm spindle diameter, one of the FSA Gossamer BBs is 30mm ( BB30 ) I believe.Mega Exo is also 24mm spindle diameter. So MegaExo and BB30 ( Gossamer )are not directly interchangeable. However, FSA also do a MegaExo BB-6000 Gossamer, with a 24mm spindle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom