Pre 60's Road Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I keep pestering somebody local who has a 50's road bike that his parents bought him for his paper round and i know for fact its not been used for 10+ years but so far he has refused to sell it
Pah, owners eh? There's an old chap comes in our shop that, up til recently was riding a - ahem - very well patina'd 60's or 70s ladies bike. When he arrived the other day he had a brand new hybrid of which he was very proud. I tried to get him to sell the old bike but he was having none of it.
I only wanted the saddle bag really: it was the most despicably ratty-looking Carradice I ever saw!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Pah, owners eh? There's an old chap comes in our shop that, up til recently was riding a - ahem - very well patina'd 60's or 70s ladies bike. When he arrived the other day he had a brand new hybrid of which he was very proud. I tried to get him to sell the old bike but he was having none of it.
I only wanted the saddle bag really: it was the most despicably ratty-looking Carradice I ever saw!
Off topic but did @biggs682 manage to sell the ratty one he had?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well just come of the phone after speaking to an elderly widow who is selling her husbands 1950's road bike , the poor old girl cant remember much detail about it other than it was new in 1954 when her belated husband was 15 , very vague other than its a bike with 2 wheels ......

so one night this week i will be hot tailing it across to have a look and will report back

I very much doubt that Martin!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well just come of the phone after speaking to an elderly widow who is selling her husbands 1950's road bike , the poor old girl cant remember much detail about it other than it was new in 1954 when her belated husband was 15 , very vague other than its a bike with 2 wheels ......

so one night this week i will be hot tailing it across to have a look and will report back

got told earlier today this is no longer for sale as i have been gazumped

Top Bottom