Pre-computer games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

montage said:
Hmmm not a fan of online games - got some friends into that world of warcraft thing...yuk.

yeah I know what you mean . What a complete waste of time sat in doors at the computer :biggrin: mmm.... well a bit like we are doing really ,chuckle :laugh::biggrin::biggrin:

I bought a couple of PC games once never opened the wrappers, medal of honour and another war game and more recently a Tour de France cycling game .Still sat on the shelf unopened after 5 years !

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yep - did the boxes, hang man, battleships and cards too. Kids don't seem to do any of those things unless they can be done in an electronic form.

montage

God Almighty
peanut said:
yeah I know what you mean . What a complete waste of time sat in doors at the computer :biggrin: mmm.... well a bit like we are doing really ,chuckle :laugh::biggrin::biggrin:

I bought a couple of PC games once never opened the wrappers, medal of honour and another war game and more recently a Tour de France cycling game .Still sat on the shelf unopened after 5 years !

Well doing some work casually and browsing this forum at the same time is different from playing all day long trying to get magic swords to kill dwarves.

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
Did anyone else ever play this one:

You mark out a grid of dots, 10 x 10. (or if posh, use graph paper)...
Used to play this game all the time. Still do with the kids. Also play another game where you have to draw a weird person/alien thing...you only draw the head, fold the paper and pass it on to the next person (who doesn't see the head) but draws arms/torso for it...pass on again until legs/feet/shoes are drawn and then the pictures are revealed.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cool, I never really knew if anyone played that lones game. The heads/body/legs thing was a good one as well...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Squares game was good, as was hangman and battleships.
I used to *love* Spirograph.

And the hours spent playing Scrabble with my grandparents...

Maz

Guru
TheDoctor said:
And the hours spent playing Scrabble with my grandparents...
Aye. We used to play that. We were lucky enough to have the DeLuxe model where the tiles were held in place cos they sat in their own little tray. The underside of the board had a concave plastic centre so you could turn it round easily.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
What about Beetle? You don't need all the plastic twiddley bits, you could draw it. throw the dice - Six for a body, was it five for the head, four for the legs......

I was introduced to that on a wet holiday in Wales when I was about 4 years old.

Squares is great. Except when you realised you've made a foolish mistake and someone makes 10 squares in one go:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
We'd play a lot of cards as kids.
Sitting up with my Granny and her cronies playing knockout whist is a happy memory.

Top Bottom