Premium bonds - weird coincidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That was my thought when I first put money in them but the return has been very poor. I’m over £100 worse off than if I’d drip fed the money into a savings account.

I might keep a couple of hundred max in there just as a hopeful gamble but I’ll seek proper growth elsewhere.

when i put mine into PBs the best i could find in a savings account was 1%, which was £10 on the grand i had. Got a single £25 'win' in the first year... not great but better than a savings account at the time. But saying that, I didn't invest in PBs to win anything... it's just somewhere i can't fritter my rainy day money away.

I do know that I had "a few " Premium Bonds when I was a kid
People bought them for me as Christening presents and the like

No idea what happened to them - have tried to find them but the system says it has no trace of them

I presume my parents reclaimed them at some point - probably told me and gave me the money but I don;t remember

I do sometimes wonder if they still exist and I have a Million Pounds sittign waiting for me somewhere!!

In reality - I used to occaisionally do the Nation Lottery - but never got much (see later!)

stopped doing it a while ago and started a monthly amount to the Omaze - so I expect it will be my turn to win the house any day now!!!

*** except this
Screenshot 2024-03-17 134644.png

but there were 30 of us so that drops it a bit!!!

Top Bottom