Pressure gauge tyres 100psi+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Any recommendations?
I've been using a digi gauge that read 120 with no complaint. I use it for the car, mtb, but its for the roady I need high pressure registration.
However its a few year old and started to pack up.
I've been looking round, found one in a car shop that reads upto 104, then displays 'OP'

Thinking reading upto 100/104 might be OK, but with a few previous punctures the 'max' pressure on the sidewall is more 'must be' pressure

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My recommentation would be to get a track pump with a guage such as this
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/specialized-air-tool-item32715.html

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Thought about that, but I already have a track pump with a gauge. Great pump, really crap gauge more a linear than circular gauge.

the range of application is making me look for a gauge.

Car, mtb, kids bikes, roady, airzound etc

ASC1951

Guru
gambatte said:
Any recommendations?....
Thinking reading upto 100/104 might be OK, but with a few previous punctures the 'max' pressure on the sidewall is more 'must be' pressure
If you are already banging over 100 psi into your tyres and still getting punctures, the reason is going to be sharp bits within the rim or worn outers, not low pressure.

You don't actually need a gauge, you know. With a decent track pump you can get them as close as you need to, just by feel; with a frame pump out on the road you just put as much in as you can, because you won't get them over 100 psi anyway (unless you have a very fancy frame pump).

I never use a gauge and get maybe one puncture every couple of thousand miles.

Top Bottom