Preston to Harrogate A59

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

wallabyhunter said:
2nd Dodgy Dave,

How did you do that? I have tried to link to Google maps & the US map is always on the screen. (see www.letourgb.com) I cannot get the route to appear. BTW from my limited knowledge that looks like a great route to get to Harrowgate. I will certainly use it to get from Preston to skipton in June.

Easy, just enter your start and end point, then click on 'link to this page' in the top right hand corner. If you don't do this, the person you're telling about your fantastic route will just see a link to maps.google.co.uk (or .com).
If you want to extract a route from driving directions on google maps, use Gmaptogpx from here http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/
It doesn't require install, it's just a bookmark which runs a script agains the map in view. Really cool.

Dave.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Sorry chaps for not having followed up this thread for a couple of days. Mts BG recently packed up work and its really curtailing my free time :tongue: I just had to spend 2 days pointing a wall :biggrin: No I havent gone yet ( as you can probably tell) This ride is taking on epic proportions cos I keep seeimg other places I want to visit en route ... I may keep an eye on the wind direction and as soon as it looks like its going to blow in the same direction as me I'll leap on the bike and set off ... some hopes!!

wallabyhunter

What a wonderfull world we live in!

Thanks for that dodgy, works a treat!:wacko:

Thanks also ColinJ. I have been playing with GMaps & now I've tfered all the stuff to Garmin Mapsource:biggrin: which I'll be using to build the final plan. I thought I would have had to do it all manually.:biggrin:

Thanks, & again sorry about the OT:blush:

23 days & 17 hours to go... ... but who's counting?

Top Bottom