Presumably pinched nerve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Good news for you

I've been doing my exercises prescribed by the physio at the initial session. They're pretty standard stretches of the neck and shoulder it seems. The good news is that my symptoms are definitely alleviating. Permanent numbness, which was present in my thumb, index finger, middle finger is almost completely gone, just a very little in the tip of my index finger. I'm still getting some waves of tingling down my forearm into my hand but not as much. Still can induce some pain down my forearm into my hand by stretching my neck into certain positions. However, it seems to be getting better

I'm really pissed off with the GP who told me this was a chronic condition (physio said it wasn't and it seems it isn't) and was caused by a disc being squeezed out and pressing on the nerve (physio said that it isn't). He also didn't recommend self referral for physio until I pushed him. My concern is that if he can't get this diagnosis right, what happens if I present some more serious, complex symptoms?

It does you wonder why such an obvious referral to the physio was not made. I wonder if it is financial or just the doctor. GP standards vary widely both of my parents have been told to wait and see what happens with conditions that left them in hospital for considerable periods with potentially life threatening conditions. In other instances though GP's have been fantastic. :scratch:

Last edited:

mike3121

Here's the yoga I had a go at. Of course I should go to a class etc but this is so convenient being able to do it whenever I like at home. Blimey it was hard....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fv4BkJZghI&t=1844s

I'm so glad you didn't upload a video of you doing yoga ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Here's the yoga I had a go at. Of course I should go to a class etc but this is so convenient being able to do it whenever I like at home. Blimey it was hard....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fv4BkJZghI&t=1844s

I have a Samsung smart TV and was recently checking out some of the preloaded apps. I discovered one called 'Instructor Live' which is actually pretty good and seems to be free. (At least, everything I have looked at so far is - there might be some premium content but I have not stumbled across it yet.) There are lots of video tutorials and sessions covering yoga, pilates, weight-training and so on.

If any of you have a similar TV, take a look and see what you think.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What I hope will be my last update on this

It seems to have almost got completely better. To be honest, I've got lazy and I've not been doing the exercises recently but it just seems to be sorting itself out. The permanent numbness has gone, the shoulder pain has gone. I just get the very occasional tingling down the forearm but that is becoming quite infrequent

So I hope yours also gets better soon @Hacienda71 . No more long rides hunched over the handlebars OK?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

It seems to have almost got completely better. To be honest, I've got lazy and I've not been doing the exercises recently but it just seems to be sorting itself out. The permanent numbness has gone, the shoulder pain has gone. I just get the very occasional tingling down the forearm but that is becoming quite infrequent

So I hope yours also gets better soon @Hacienda71 . No more long rides hunched over the handlebars OK?
Glad to hear you are getting better.:okay: I have another physio appointment booked in a fortnight. I am definitely improving, but not quite there yet. I've been given some exercises to strengthen my posture on the bike which is good. My physio rides with one of the North Wales clubs so understands position on the bike well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My GP's have been awful. One refused to treat me when my blood tests showed I was right at the bottom of scale, so moved GP's. He started treating me, but he has zero personality. I've not been able to get referred for physio. I just pay for sports massages and physio out of my pocket if I need it.

Listen to the exercises given, they make a difference.

Glad it is on the mend. I had a very similar thing a couple of years ago which I later worked out was caused by doing a set of squats at the gym with a bar across my neck. I had the exact same numbness in my fingers as you, shoulder pain, and for some reason I lost a lot of the strength in my tricep muscle. As per usual I put off and put off going to the docs because I was busy, and after about a month the symptoms all went and my arm/shoulder/hand were all back to normal

Top Bottom