Pretty decent road bike for < £400?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I'm just getting back into cycling on a hand-me-down hybrid bike I received when my dad bought a Scott road bike last year. It served me well for the London to Brighton BHF ride last weekend but unfortunately the handlebars dropped on the pivot point on Tuesday night and now it's pretty dangerous to ride.

I'm looking at getting a pretty ok / decent road bike for less than £400 ideally. There's a LBS near me that's selling a Claud Butler 2013 Trieste for just shy of £350 which is tempting but I don't want to buy the first thing I see.

Does anyone have any experience of these bikes? Are they any good?

vickster

Legendary Member
Decathlon triban 500 definitely worth a look

OP
OP
N

nathanlloyd

Regular
The 500SE is described as having: Carbon B'TWIN SPORT forks with aluminium pivot (550 g)
The 500 says: Carbon blades, aluminium pivot, 1"1/8 aheadset; combines strength, low weight and precision.

Will there be a difference between one saying forks and one saying blades? Bear with me I'm new :smile:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The 500SE is described as having: Carbon B'TWIN SPORT forks with aluminium pivot (550 g)
The 500 says: Carbon blades, aluminium pivot, 1"1/8 aheadset; combines strength, low weight and precision.

Will there be a difference between one saying forks and one saying blades? Bear with me I'm new :smile:
No, they're just describing it differently. Probably something lost when the description was translated from French.^_^

Top Bottom