[price check] Canyon Roadlite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

format

Über Member
Hi folks,

I'm toying with the idea of selling my Canyon Roadlite.

It's a 64cm frame, comes with a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elite S wheels, full ultegra groupset. The frame and groupset have seen around 2 seasons use, so around 7000km for me, with the wheels having done around 2-3000km. The wheels have been recently serviced + trued though.

What sort of price should I expect to get for this?

thanks in advance.

Big Nick

64cm frame.......how tall are you!!

Big Nick

You sale may be hindered by a rather restricted market then and you may need to be a bit flexible on price!

vickster

Legendary Member
A guess would be around 50-60% of what you paid but given the size you need to broaden your market as much as possible (I.e. Ebay and its 10-13% cut in fees)

OP
OP
F

format

Über Member
How much are they new?

Well, the bike with ultegra and aksiums went for something like £1200 when it was new. The ksyriums are something like £350-400 when new.

How much are they new? Which actual model is it?

2012 roadlite 7.0 AL CT.

vickster

Legendary Member
£500 sounds reasonable assuming you can find a buyer willing to pay that. The issue is you can now get a brand new carbon bike with a decent group set for well under a grand

You might get more stripping it for parts assuming they are in good nick

Why are you selling?

OP
OP
F

format

Über Member
£500 sounds reasonable assuming you can find a buyer willing to pay that. The issue is you can now get a brand new carbon bike with a decent group set for well under a grand

You might get more stripping it for parts assuming they are in good nick

Why are you selling?

Fancy a carbon bike, no other reason. Only planning on selling if I can get a good price for it right enough, it's a lovely bike and I would be nearly as happy to keep it really.

vickster

Legendary Member
Buy a frame, transplant the parts? What do you think a carbon bike will give you over a good light alu frame?

OP
OP
F

format

Über Member
Buy a frame, transplant the parts? What do you think a carbon bike will give you over a good light alu frame?

I realise there's not a huge difference, it's more of a curiosity thing really - which is why I'm not willing to make a huge loss through selling.

OP
OP
F

format

Über Member
If happy with it, comfortable etc, keep...or it's time for N+1 ;)

Budget, space and partner considerations rule that out, sadly. Already have 2 bikes, the other being a steel fixed gear. It's cheap enough that I don't mind leaving it locked up in the close, but there's definitely not enough room in our flat for 2 bikes to lay around, sadly.

Top Bottom