Pricing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
My bike buying saga continues...

...local LBS has Trek 2012 2.5T/C reduced by 10%. Lovely I thought, I'll take the 2.5C at £1350.

Only thing is I can't. The deal applies only to bikes that are physically in stock and they haven't got any so I can't even pay now and wait for the bike to arrive.

Ok, that's the policy but....

...they had precisely zero stock of each of the two variants prior to making the reduction and bearing in mind the reduction policy wtf did they bother to reduce them in the first place?

This is as bad as advertising bikes as "Nice Shiny Bike 105" implying it has a 105 groupset and then you find that the bike's chainset, chain, cassette and hubs aren't 105 at all.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Its been going on for years , it gets you through the door so you might get something else whilst there.
Its easy to be cheaper then everyone else if you dont have it ,, when the store down the road runs out they will be very cheap as well, as it gets you through the door and you might see something else anyway.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Wife came back from the shops last week , had been to buy Christmas cards for next year !!! and in the main card shop in town they were selling them with 50% off .
That sounds a good deal , but she was there before the sales as well and they were selling the same packs of cards "buy one get one free"
So with a bit of trickery pokery they changed the sales pitch for the same value

Top Bottom