Primark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's less busy when the Jeremy Kyle show is on, so I go then to get t-shirts to wear in bed, socks, pants and the occasional pair of summer shorts. :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I may be wrong - I was once, but I suspect a lot of the High Street clothing is made in Bangladesh and other parts east and if you're paying a lot more for it then the retailer is making more profit rather than paying the workers a decent wage.

snakehips

Good grief , it sounds like a fascinating place.
My only involvement with Primark (so far) has been to give directions from the railway station to a group of oriental tourists who were probably visiting historic Kingston-Upon-Thames just to shop there. I now understand why they need a taxi rank outside the door.
I feel the need for a visit , just for research purposes you understand.

Snake

My Library

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
I may be wrong - I was once, but I suspect a lot of the High Street clothing is made in Bangladesh and other parts east and if you're paying a lot more for it then the retailer is making more profit rather than paying the workers a decent wage.

About 1992, wasn't it? You can still overhear people talking about it in the Madeira Cafe. Make sure it doesn't happen again, Rich! I think you're in the clear with this post...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
theclaud said:
About 1992, wasn't it? You can still overhear people talking about it in the Madeira Cafe. Make sure it doesn't happen again, Rich! I think you're in the clear with this post...

That was it, 1992, cheers TC!
It was when I thought I'd made a mistake and then realised I hadn't:smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
In my opinion primark is good for some things, bad for others.

For smart shirts is great, I bought loads for about £4 last october, still wear them regularly now. I also buy socks from there.

For Jeans, its bad, they are like carboard, very uncomfortable and got worse with repeated washing.

All in all, i like the place, for select items, its excellent for kitting out your house/appartment on the cheap. When I moved into my own appartment this year, for substantially less than £150 I managed to buy duvets, pillows, bedding (i.e. duvet and pillow covers), shower curtain, matts for bathroom floor, bath mat, and numerous other items.

I always go either just before closing or when it just opens though, else you end up amongst loads of nutjobs running about as if the shop is about to close and never re-open, buying huge amounts of everything in 5 sizes, clothes strewn across the floor and huge queues. I once saw a guy in there walking about with a glass of wine. It was strange! People also buy stuff and try it on at home, then return the stuff that doesnt fit, since the queue for fitting rooms are so long. Some people even start to change in the middle of the shop to try clothes on!

Top Bottom