Pro cycle computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Having watched the TdF over the past week I've noticed that most of the pro riders use the same cycle computer which extends out in front of the handlebars. Does anyone know the make/model?

Tomba

Like THIS?

I think most of them are using SRM cranks with power meters?

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Thanks for the replies

Yes, that is the one - that explains why I couldn't find them for sale on Wiggle or CRC!!!

However, I like the positioning of the head unit on the bars so I don't see why Cateye etc. couldn't make a standard computer that positions on the bars in the same way - much more easy to see whilst cycling.

amaferanga

Veteran
You can position a Garmin or any other computer like that. For Garmins there are now a couple of mounts (Barfly and K-Edge), but for a regular computer you just need a bar extender like this.

I have my Edge 500 mounted on one of the carbon bar extenders and it's positioned just like the SRM computer.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
You can position a Garmin or any other computer like that. For Garmins there are now a couple of mounts (Barfly and K-Edge), but for a regular computer you just need a bar extender like this.

I have my Edge 500 mounted on one of the carbon bar extenders and it's positioned just like the SRM computer.
not a bad idea, but I wouldn't want to add all that extra material and it would look a bit ugly too on a slick road bike

amaferanga

Veteran
that is probably true as I'm not a fan of stem mounting. However, I have a small cateye computer and that would look strange on such an extension
True. It works for a Garmin, but would look a little odd with a teeny Cateye computer on it.

Top Bottom