Pro Plus just saved me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always keep a pack of pro plus just in case of emergencies, and last night it really payed out.

I realised at about 6pm as I checked the printout of a piece of coursework due in today, that I had made an error in my calculations right at the start :blush: It meant that whilst correct in general, aaaaaaall the resulting tables and graphs were off by this small calculation error.

I was up until 5am sorting everything out and a couple of the little pills kept me going. PHEW!!

Its a habit I picked up from my father, who always has a packet in the car and at home etc just in case something crops up which requires him to be awake much longer than he should be. So thanks dad, you saved my coursework!!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm glad i'm not a student anymore. Sod that for a laugh.

domtyler

Über Member
I think he is using ProPlus as a euphemism for Amphetamine Sulphate the naughty little tinker!!

Remember, ProPlus keeps you awake, it doesn't necessarily keep you functioning at a reasonable level. If your brain is exhausted, it will remain exhausted no matter what you take. The only answer is sleep - which will be very difficult if you have been munching the pills.

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Fortunately for me it wasn't brainpower that was needed, all my formulae were still valid after I corrected the first 5, so then it was just a case of dog-work sticking the data back where it whould go, double-checking, checking again, and then sifting through my analysis to tweak the old numbers into the new ones.

Just bl**dy time consuming!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
30 years ago, a person who was going into the same oral exam for train driver as me was eating Pro Plus before hand to try to boost his chances. He failed miserably. The first question he was asked was met with a stunned silence as he struggled to blurt out some kind of answer. Do they work? Maybe he was taking them under the wrong circumstances.

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

They do work. Just be sensible with them.

I drink a lot of tea and my fair share of coffee, so I am not unused to caffine, but they do give an effective temporary enhanced alertness.

This is the second time I have taken them this year, so I guess that explains why I react well to them! As I said, I keep them handy for emergencies.

A full tab under the seat of my motorbike in the first aid kit
A tab of 2 in my saddlebag
The rest of the box in my desk

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Why take Pro Plus, a 'power nap' is ment to be better for the brain.
Not sure if it works, anyone ever tried?

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

I can meditate, and find it more effective than a powernap. This situation wasn't right for taking a break though, I just needed to do the same copy and paste process again and again until I had re-filled the skeleton table I had already built.

Abitrary

I'm a bit cynical about that that sort of thing. For a start it's like coffee, where the buzz you get off caffeine is only the sensation of being relieved of the symptoms of withdrawal, which make you sluggish in the first place.

Any sort of drug that could keep you that genuinely wired all night would have tripped up the body brain balance.

I'd check whatever you'd written for repeated words, sentences and even repeated chapters

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Just wondering why you didn't have it all done in Excel or some such :rolleyes:. Then 5 alterations at the start would work thro your table in the blink of an eye - after the press of a button :biggrin:.

It was in Excel, the problem wasn't all the rest of my formulae, it was with the data I had entered. It was the data I needed to re-enter from their vairous shpreadsheets.

Top Bottom