Pro Race 2 - I'm a Believer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skwerl

can you get PR3s in 25s?

Oh here's a good one.

I've just been Googling and found this on the slowtwitch (US tri site) forums
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwi..._Forum_F1/Michelin_Pro_Race_3_Light_P1878268/

- I have the Pro 3 Race "Service Course" .. just bought them. 700 x 23 where PSI max is 116. Stupid question, but what did I buy? What does "Service Course" mean?

- For Michelin tires, when you see the words "service course" on the tires, it means that the pros have already ridden them in competition and that they have given them the "ok".

- Really? Why do they cost the same then if they're used? How "used" are they?

:sad::laugh::sad::laugh::becool::laugh:

2nd-hand, one-careful-owner tyres, now there's an idea....

Fab Foodie said:
Why not PR3's andy?

They're just better and lots of lovely flavours too :sad:

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/c/63/Tyres.html?Page=3

The saga is above
andy_wrx said:
I pulled my 'best' wheels out of their wheelbags that they've been snuggled-up in all Winter, only to find a 1cm gash straight across the tread of one when I blew them up.
I deflated it and took it off, saw it was gashed all the way through to the inside.

Rather ironic that I've been cossetting them in wheelbags all Winter when it was ruined anyway !
And irritating because they're hadly worn, not much mileage at all.

Still that's the glass-half-empty view on it - the glass-half-full view is that I did notice, I didn't just blow them up, go out and have a catastrophic front-wheel blowout whilst descending at 40mph, or 50 miles from home. And that it didn't happen last time out last year - I don't know how it happened, but it wasn't in the wheelbag, so I must have ridden it home like that.

Still, I'm now left with one almost new PR2 and a need for a new tyre to go with it.
I guess I can buy a red&black PR3 which will look identical-enough to be a matching pair, and if the PR3 is really grippier than the PR2 then I'll have it on the front.

What I'm so indignant about is that it was a practically new tyre which I've had to junk, and that I'd kept the damn thing all-wrapped-up in its protective wheelbag all Winter - bah !

I'm not going to junk the other one, it's an as-new tyre, I just wanted another one like it to make a matched pair.

The Pro3 looks similar enough I guess, the sidewalls and logos are the same, it just has the grey centre section rather than black-colour-black.

If it really is that much more grippy, I'll have it on the front !

giant man

My local LBS wants £29.99 for a ProRace 2 tyre (23s), which seems a bit expensive to me. I know they're getting thin on the ground but that's no excuse for hiking up prices surely. And it is an old model of tyre now that PR3s have been out for a while now. I am going to try to get that price down. I would have thought £22.50 per tyre or something .... anyone know any good prices for PR2s?

I have looked online and found some good prices on EBay for the PR3s (£52.50 pair) but the 2s are something else .....

Top Bottom