Pro Tour Punditry 2018 **no spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
**New players most welcome - feel free to join in and ask anything that I have not explained well enough to understand**

Roolz are similar to what we ended up with last year

Teh Roolz

Predictions to be submitted via this thread before the stage/race starts - some leeway will be given on occasions, but not when potentially decisive breaks or moves have been made.

Three riders prediction per stage/race.

Three riders prediction for any of the "jerseys" for multi-stage races - I'll announce the "jersey" competitions prior to multi-stage races.

For Grand Tours only: "wild card" selections: all punditeers chose one rider before the off to be their wild card rider and if that rider finishes in the top 10 of any stage they'll score 20 points.

The only restriction as to who the wild card rider can be is that it must not be a rider you have selected for any of the jersey competitions.

You can select the wild card rider as one of your 3 stage picks, if they finish in the top 5 for the stage they score whatever the stage score is plus the 20 points.

Points will be awarded for 1st-5th for each stage/race as well as for overall picks - I'll announce the scores for each race as they approach and will throw in a few double points stages for the stage races and Grand Tours.

If you pick the top 3 in any race/stage you get an additional 50 points; this does not apply to "jersey" competitions in stage races.

Points will be collated and published on this thread as soon after races/stages as I can.

There is no overall league so players can join in as they want - I might have an overall "Spring Races" table but that will depend how busy I am.

There are no prizes.

**And please no spoilers, keep those for the race chat threads, as I sometimes come into this thread to get people's predictions after the race/stage has ended but before I have watched the race**

If anyone fancies doing the numbers for any of the events listed, I am more than happy for that to happen as long as you let me know.

Also, if anyone fancies running events not listed by me, then feel free.

And, as always, I am open to trying different approaches - most of the changes to selections and scoring have been a result of suggestions put forward by punditeers rather than of my doing, so keep it up!

Here are the races to be included:

16.01-21.01
AUS.png
Tour Down Under Winner - roadrage
BEL.png
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Winners - PTP, brommers
ITA.png
Strade Bianche Men/Women Winner - smutch
04.03-11.03
FRA.png
Paris - Nice Winner - PTP
ITA.png
Milano - Sanremo Winner - gk09
BEL.png
E3 Harelbeke Winner - gk09
BEL.png
Gent - Wevelgem Men/Women Winners - roadrage, mosquito
BEL.png
Dwars door Vlaanderen Winner - smutch
BEL.png
Ronde van Vlaanderen Men/Women Winner - richiepoo
FRA.png
Paris - Roubaix Winner - mosquito
NED.png
Amstel Gold Race Men/Women Winner - mosquito
BEL.png
La Flèche Wallonne Men/Women Winner - gk09
BEL.png
Liège-Bastogne-Liège Men/Women Winner - PTP
05.05-27.05
ITA.png
Giro d'Italia Winner - Adam
03.06-10.06
FRA.png
Critérium Dauphiné Winner - gk09
07.07-29.07
FRA.png
Tour de France Winner - PTP
25.08-16.09
ESP.png
Vuelta a España Winner - PTP
23.09-30.09
UCI.png
World Championship Men/Women Winner - smutch
ITA.png
Il Lombardia Winner - PTP

Last edited:
I got a little bit too excited when i saw this thread.

GC - Porte, Dennis, Sagan
KOM - Porte, Pozzivivo, De Ghent
Points - Saga, Viviani, Greipel

Stage 1 , Sagan, Greipel, Ewan

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I’m away next week, so getting all my picks in now - much sticking of pin in startlist involved...

TDU

GC - Porte, Jay McCarthy, G.Bennett
Points - Ewan, S.Bennett, Viviani
KOM - Ulissi, Porte, Latour

Stage 1 - Ewan, Viviani, S.Bennett
Stage 2 - Sagan, Edmondson, Bauhaus
Stage 3 - Ewan, Sagan, Viviani
Stage 4 - Ulissi, Haas, DeGendt
Stage 5 - Porte, I.Izagirre, G.Bennett
Stage 6 - Viviani, Bauhaus, Debusschere

Last edited:
Top Bottom