Problem posting pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Shaun

Sorry to drag this back up but I've lost the ability to post photos.....

This happened a couple of weeks ago and I cleared the Cyclechat Data as outlined earlier and it was fine....... Until today.

I've cleared the data again and can't post photos.
I can select them (or just one) as normal but nothing is uploaded.

I can go into incognito mode and it will work then - but that's a PITA.

I do have the "Post Reply" button and this is posted after clearing the data and rebooting the phone (Chrome running Android)

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Here's a screenshot....

I can hit on "Attach files", select the files as normal but when I hit "Open" nothing happens.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@HobbesOnTour, meantime @Shaun fixes it (I will tag him also in the moderator's section), can you upload your photos to an album, then link to the album on your post?
Sorry about this, I know how much you like to share your pictures, and great pictures they are!

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Thanks @Pat "5mph"

can you upload your photos to an album, then link to the album on your post?
I tried looking at albums before and couldn't figure them out - I'm not terribly computer adept:blush:
Do you have a link on how to create them?
I'd rather keep the existing format for the Travelogue but I could (maybe) throw up the odd album of "extras".

@PaulSB I have posted photos since the upgrade and am getting used to the new format. My problem is that I can select the photos, hit "open" (your "done") but nothing happens.
Clearing the data (as outlined earlier) fixed it the first time but after a few weeks it's gone again....
Thanks for trying, though

Attachments

• P1010185.jpg
    P1010185.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 8

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks @Pat "5mph"

I tried looking at albums before and couldn't figure them out - I'm not terribly computer adept:blush:
Do you have a link on how to create them?
I'd rather keep the existing format for the Travelogue but I could (maybe) throw up the odd album of "extras".

@PaulSB I have posted photos since the upgrade and am getting used to the new format. My problem is that I can select the photos, hit "open" (your "done") but nothing happens.
Clearing the data (as outlined earlier) fixed it the first time but after a few weeks it's gone again....
Thanks for trying, though
Have you tried adding the picture by editing the post?

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Right then......
I've just cleared the phone cache (all of it) and the ability to post photos is back.
This is after clearing the CC "data" several times.

I'm thinking that this can happen to other posters because posting photos isn't something everyone does all the time.

I don't want to be "that guy" but clearing my cache on a regular basis is not good for me and posting incognito is a PITA. I really hope we can find a solution

Attachments

• P1010185.jpg
    P1010185.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Have you tried adding the picture by editing the post?
Thanks.
I haven't actually tried it that way (and don't need to right now) but I had to edit a couple of posts last night in incognito mode. My posts are a bit long ^_^ and editing a long post on a phone is not a stress free experience:laugh:

Pat "5mph"

@HobbesOnTour look at the homepage: forums.
A bit on the right of forums, there is the dropdown menu "media".
Click on that, you will be given an option to add an album (then you will have to add pictures to the album) or to simply add media (could be a video too).

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
@HobbesOnTour look at the homepage: forums.
A bit on the right of forums, there is the dropdown menu "media".
Click on that, you will be given an option to add an album (then you will have to add pictures to the album) or to simply add media (could be a video too).
Thanks @Pat "5mph"

I tried making an album but the photos were too large^_^

Is there a help file or instructions I can read?

Thanks

Pat "5mph"

I tried making an album but the photos were too large^_^
Resize the photos on your phone, or, even better, set your phone camera to a smaller size.
Phone cameras have the tendency to produce mega files, imo not needed if the photos are to be displayed on screens, specially small ones.

I don't know this is related but since the reply button thing was fixed my 'Attach files' isn't working. I click it, it take me to the select file and selects it ok but it doesn't upload 🤯

Edit when I reply though it appears 🤯🤯

Attachments

• 20220206_205959.jpg
    20220206_205959.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 7

Shaun

Founder
Please give this a try and let me know if it helps:
  • Open your browser with a regular window/tab
  • If not already, login to CC
  • Visit this support thread - https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/problem-posting-pictures.283209/
  • Tap the code brackets in your editor toolbar - [ ] to enable all your toolbar icons
  • Tap the image upload icon in the toolbar -
    1644195391137.png
    - and tap in the box and upload an image

Let me know if that works, and whether it remains working over the next few days.

If not, let me know your device model and browser and I'll contact the software developer for assistance.

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Please give this a try and let me know if it helps:

Let me know if that works, and whether it remains working over the next few days.

If not, let me know your device model and browser and I'll contact the software developer for assistance.

Cheers,
Shaun
The support thread you link to is this one...... A bit circular ^_^

Just to clarify.....
My issue is that I can go through all the usual steps up to and including selecting the picture(s). But nothing happens. The picture is not uploaded and nothing appears in the space below the post (a bad connection often means that a picture fails to load - represented by an empty "picture box").

For about two weeks, maybe three everything worked normally (after the last time clearing the CC "data"). Then one day it stopped.
Clearing "data" did not help. Clearing the entire cache and rebooting restored the ability to post pictures.

I'll follow the steps you've outlined above if and when it happens again. As of now the photo uploading is normal.

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Resize the photos on your phone, or, even better, set your phone camera to a smaller size.
Phone cameras have the tendency to produce mega files, imo not needed if the photos are to be displayed on screens, specially small ones.
Ah Pat!
One of the things I'm really looking forward to is seeing my photos in full screen glory!^_^
I'll not be making the photos smaller!
I'll stick with Google for the albums.

Top Bottom