Problem with a Rockshox Monarch RT3 rebound dial....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motozulu

Über Member
Seized up piggin solid.
Anyone taken the rebound dial/gate lever off a Monarch before? Got it on the workstand and have loosened the series of grub screws above the dial - it now turns but with no 'clicks'.
Tighten up grub and seizes again. Tried to spray silicon spray around it but no difference.
Only 3 weeks old and on a brand new bike - was hoping to avoid a warranty claim as it's a German bike and will probably mean time off the trails while it's sorted.
Can't remove the lever to remove the dial either. Anyone got over a similar problem before?

steddieddie

Seized up piggin solid.
Anyone taken the rebound dial/gate lever off a Monarch before? Got it on the workstand and have loosened the series of grub screws above the dial - it now turns but with no 'clicks'.
Tighten up grub and seizes again. Tried to spray silicon spray around it but no difference.
Only 3 weeks old and on a brand new bike - was hoping to avoid a warranty claim as it's a German bike and will probably mean time off the trails while it's sorted.
Can't remove the lever to remove the dial either. Anyone got over a similar problem before?

Hi Motozulu, I got the same problem with my monarch R. Haven't tried to loosen the grub screw though. Did you find out what was wrong in the end?

OP
OP
Motozulu

Motozulu

Über Member
In the end mate I had to get back to Rose about it - they sent it off to TF tuned and even they couldn't fully sort it. So Rose replaced it for me as a warranty item - actually worked out in my favour in the end as they also gave me a free upgrade to a Monarch RT3 Debonnair, which is a brilliant shock - kerching! :okay:

Top Bottom