Problem with car...anyone know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The engine light is a known niggle on the Vecra - best ignored.

My sister's Micra's light came on - garage re-set it and told her to go and drive it - it goes 1 mile to station and 1 mile back each day.

Milo

Guru
2 miles seems like a possible bike commute me think.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
miloat said:
2 miles seems like a possible bike commute me think.

She lives 400 yards from the local station but drives the car to another station (which has two lines not one). The station she parks at is notorious for folk bumping your car, break ins etc.

Her excuse has been that during winter she doesn't want to walk down the path to the station (behind houses) in the dark - she's a solicitor and finishes quite late sometimes, but she could walk a slightly longer route which sticks to the main road...

But they won't be told...... ;)

Get yourself on here http://www.fiatforum.com/forum that place gas saved me a load of cash and worries ;)

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Report back... it's been down the garage, and they "diagnosed" it with their magic machinery, and... could find nothing wrong (that's £59 of nothing wrong, inc VAT). It needs further investigation (for £110) and as the milometer can't be read (lights behind has gone), it could be a wiring problem. If it needs a new milometer, that will be £620, or it could just be the wiring. They also pointed out that it has bugger all oil in it (;)) so I'm going to put more oil in it later, and see if that makes the light go out.... (I'm crap with cars, I tell you, and "time poor", so fiddling about with it *is not much of an option for me...)

*snik snik

GaryA

Subversive Sage
It is well known that italian car and motorcycle electrical systems are knitted together by blind widows in a dungeon in Turin

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Gary Askwith said:
It is well known that italian car and motorcycle electrical systems are knitted together by blind widows in a dungeon in Turin
Did they also fabricate the Turin Underpants?

asterix

Comrade Member
My car (bloody Renault heap of junk:angry:, nearly £1000 to pass the MOTxx() has had a similar warning light on for over 2 years and passed the MOT twice without any change. We used to get it looked at, they rebooted the computer to put it out but it just came on again after a bit. So we ignore it now.

My ancient Toyota van cost £109 to pass the MOT.

yenrod

Fnaar said:
Greetings earthlings
My car (Fiat) has a warning light (appeared this morning) for "EOBD Engine Failure Control System", which acc to manual is "a warning of a fuel feed/ignition system failure which may increase emissions in exhaust or cause possible drops in performance, poor handling and high consumption". I know it has to go intro garage (grr) but does anyone know how serious this might be?
Help (and the odd facetious reply) welcome!

[sharp intake of breath smiley]

No seriously, as Im in the DAF 45 chassis game - most engine warning appear thru' an error in the engine BUT you've got to keep it absolutely tuned to perfection...which no one ever does with cars hence the fact the repairs ar SOO EXPENSIVE...

So; to sum up: keep it in good nick !

Hope that helped Fnaar ! :blush:

Top Bottom