Problem with Chat room?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Anyone else been unable to enter the chatroom ?i get the list of people in there but the message field is remaining blank.

No one is talking to you...

(we saw you enter, and no reply etc)

gavintc

Guru
Anyone else been unable to enter the chatroom ?i get the list of people in there but the message field is remaining blank.

I think you have to have passed some form of initiation rite before being allowed through the door.
rolleyes.gif

No, more seriously, I am getting an error as well. (Unless my initiation rite was not accepted).

Shaun

Founder
What OS / browser are you using?

Is this the first time you've tried chat, or have you been able to use it okay before?

Also try deleting your cookie (link at bottom left of page) - it cures a multitude of problems and may resolve this one for you.

Let me know?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
What OS / browser are you using?

Is this the first time you've tried chat, or have you been able to use it okay before?

Also try deleting your cookie (link at bottom left of page) - it cures a multitude of problems and may resolve this one for you.

Let me know?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

For me, Mac OS and Safari. However, I have been experiencing some issues with connections since last night. This may be a more localised issue than an admin one.

Edit: Worked this morning and connection speeds have improved as well.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I was on a work laptop last night, not positive what system it uses its connected via a vodaphone connection.

On my own desktop PC this morning and it works fine.

Shaun

Founder
Ah, okay, well at least the chat service seems to be working alright (it's a remote service than sometimes goes offline for short periods, so it can occasionally be the fault fo the 'site' rather than your own connection).

However, I suspect the mobile internet connection may be the issue here (an often "bitty" service and quite prone to dropping packets/connections), so give it a try when you next get the opportunity and let me know how it goes?

Cheers,
Shaun

Top Bottom