Problem with smilies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
For some reason every time I go to add a smiley at the end of a sentence,it's putting it at the beginning instead,2nd time I try it works.Done this several times to check it,making sure the cursor is in the right place and have left a space at the end too.
Any body else having this problem?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Yeah. :smile: I was having that probelm last night. I can't get any others to go in after the fullstop after night.:smile: This is now my fourth attempt at typing this in :smile:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Testing. ^_^

Seems to be working for me. :biggrin:

What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome.

Using IE7,tried Chrome last night when things were running slow,certainly faster but can't remember if the smilies were right with it,will have to re-try.
Funnily enough,during the post above the smiley worked 1st time:angry:

rusky

CC Addict
Works for me in Firefox :smile:

Need to add a space or punctuation otherwise you just get code e.g;) for :smile:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Right,testing with Chrome
rolleyes.gif
worked fine that time
angry.gif

Shaun

Founder
It's a known issue with IE that should be fixed shortly. A new software upgrade is due out in a few weeks.

There's also another IE niggle where the cursor doesn't appear when replying; to "get around" it you have to click a smiley, then delete it, then your editing cursor should appear.

Oh, and have you considered upgrading your browser to IE8 - whilst the forums work okay with IE7, they work better with IE8 ... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
It's a known issue with IE that should be fixed shortly. A new software upgrade is due out in a few weeks.

There's also another IE niggle where the cursor doesn't appear when replying; to "get around" it you have to click a smiley, then delete it, then your editing cursor should appear.

Oh, and have you considered upgrading your browser to IE8 - whilst the forums work okay with IE7, they work better with IE8 ... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Turns out I was already running IE8 didn't realise,better in Chrome though

Top Bottom