Products with badly chosen names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Says a lot for the British car industry at the time that the Mk1 Golf had been out for several years before the Ital launched and the Mk2 Golf was out before Ital production ended. The Golfs made everything from UK production look like clown cars.
It's what happens when the bean counters are more important than the designers and development engineers, insisting that they make use of existing parts from cars that should have been replaced years before they eventually fizzled out

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I picked this up in my local Tesco.
It's oddly addictive...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Says a lot for the British car industry at the time that the Mk1 Golf had been out for several years before the Ital launched and the Mk2 Golf was out before Ital production ended. The Golfs made everything from UK production look like clown cars.

The ordinary spec Golfs were OK cars but nothing special to be honest. Whilst the Ital / Marina was maybe a poor car, the Maestro, particularly the diesel was pretty good. Certainly nicer to drive than the Golf of the same era. the GTI Golf would have been at a different price point after all

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Photoshop, shirley...

And rather poorly, at that.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I once saw a van on the M6 with "Robham Blinds" written on it.

Unfortunately no photo, as this was in a time when phones had no cameras and the battery was the size of a brick

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It's what happens when the bean counters are more important than the designers and development engineers, insisting that they make use of existing parts from cars that should have been replaced years before they eventually fizzled out
Maxi being a prime case in point. A family-size hatchback, it should have been wonderful.
The 1800 / 2000 'Landcrab' that came before it didn't sell well, because it looked awful.
The Maxi was supposed to be a replacement. The Beancounters insisted they reuse the doors from the Landcrab.
And the Maxi looked awful...

Top Bottom