Profiling a head badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Hi, I have to profile a stainless steel badge before attaching it to the head tube. What's the best method?

Thx

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Face down on a leather metalworkers stuffed bag and a tube of the right diameter then hit it with a 'dead blow' mallet

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well tomato puree, vinegar and sugar is essentially what tomato ketchup is :laugh:

I'll use fresh pineapple if I've got it, but otherwise I've always got a can of pineapple in juice lurking in the cupboard for precisely that reason. Sweet & sour vegetables make a good filling for spring rolls btw...

Haven't bought a jar or pouch of sweet & sour sauce since I saw that Hairy Bikers episode.
Face down on a leather metalworkers stuffed bag and a tube of the right diameter then hit it with a 'dead blow' mallet
31O75oCrgTL.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well, I don't have a stuffed bag, maybe I can find something similar
I suppose a piece of timber with a semi circular groove carved in it would be an alternative, anything harder would risk denting the face of the headbadge unless you were to make 2 matching dies and use a press.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I suppose a piece of timber with a semi circular groove carved in it would be an alternative, anything harder would risk denting the face of the headbadge unless you were to make 2 matching dies and use a press.

I was thinking a half section of plastic tubing. Ideally it wants to be curved to a smaller radius than the head tube, so attaching it causes it to open up. I've seen plenty lifting at the edges, and it looks awful...

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, I don't have a stuffed bag, maybe I can find something similar
Old sock, filled with damp sand.

Top Bottom