progress yippeee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
im a happy bunny my ten time is down to 30, 27 (in appaling conditions) my 50 is 3 hours 15 and im rideing hundreds for a fun day! all good, so why am i still a fat bloke? 14st 11 grrrrrrrr

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I think weight loss is a gradual thing that the body has to become used to over time.

I remember watching Eddy Izzard doing his charity marathons, usually 5 a week untill he had been around the UK, and did something like 1000 miles in quite a short space of time. He didnt seem to be any thiner at the end.

Also, you have to remember that putting on just a bit of muscle will negate the weight loss of quite a bit of fat, the best way to judge is how you clothes fit you.

As the old saying goes, "Stay calm, and carry on!"

jimboalee

Paulkraken said:
I think weight loss is a gradual thing that the body has to become used to over time.

I remember watching Eddy Izzard doing his charity marathons, usually 5 a week untill he had been around the UK, and did something like 1000 miles in quite a short space of time. He didnt seem to be any thiner at the end.

Also, you have to remember that putting on just a bit of muscle will negate the weight loss of quite a bit of fat, the best way to judge is how you clothes fit you.

As the old saying goes, "Stay calm, and carry on!"

This is a myth.

Mr Average could put on 250g of muscle in a week, if he worked out HARD.
Mr Average could lose 1000g of fat during the work to put on the 250g of muscle.
If he eats sensibly.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Don't worry about it - better off fat and fit, than skinny and unfit.

I suggest no crash diet, but just cutting some of the big calorie inputs into your diet. e.g. don't have that extra chocolate bar, or have semi-skimmed rather than full fat milk. Nothing too major, and then just wait.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
BrumJim said:
Don't worry about it - better off fat and fit, than skinny and unfit.

I suggest no crash diet, but just cutting some of the big calorie inputs into your diet. e.g. don't have that extra chocolate bar, or have semi-skimmed rather than full fat milk. Nothing too major, and then just wait.

+1

they found that elite video gamers could be thin as whippets have reactions of a fighter pilot and the fitness of a old person.

RUTHIEBAV

steve52 said:
why am i still a fat bloke? 14st 11 grrrrrrrr

I'm not sure how popular my suggestion will be on this forum but I'd strongly recommend that if you want to lose weight you get some help.

I lost almost 4st with Weight Watchers and it really does work. I've seen loads of people do really well. You learn what to eat to lose and maintain your weight.

As I say, probably not a popular suggestion but its been going for over 40 years and it works. If you are lucky you may live in an area where your doctor can refer you to meetings paid for by the NHS.

Ruth

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Doing well Steve. Good pace, happy and fit. Well done.

Top Bottom