Project Diamondback...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Sure beats the lye method. I may be going down that road in the spring, with a Viscount Aerospace. I have a couple of other tricks up my sleeve before that, though. The nuclear option is so unattractive.

OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member
A few more pics as the rebuild progresses......

DSC04037.JPG
DSC04039.JPG
DSC04040.JPG
DSC04041.JPG
DSC04042.JPG

The new decals/logos/stickers were from eBay. Thinking of replacing the tyres with some less aggressive, road biased tyres such as the Schwalbe Silento which look good and are a good price at Halfords (http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/bike-tyres/schwalbe-silento-tyre-26x1-75)

OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member
Et voila....... the finished bike

IMG_7367.jpg
IMG_7369.JPG
IMG_7370.JPG

I'm very pleased with the result. Overall cost around £125 which includes powder coating, new tyres/tubes, new seat post and clamp, new chain and new logos sourced from eBay. The rest of the bike just required a really good clean and service. Just hope my partners son likes it!?!?!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It looks fabulous, very well done!

OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member
I managed to get the bike out for a test run today and am pleased with how it goes - I was only 7 seconds slower on a Strava segment than my PB recorded on my Giant Defy road bike, and I wasn't event trying hard!! I think there may slight wear on the free hub and/or the cassette as there is an occasional 'jump' in the drivetrain but this is only slight and not a concern at the moment. Anyway, its going back to my partners son tomorrow and fingers crossed he is pleased with it!

Thanks again to all who commented and 'liked' the posts about this project - much appreciated.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Lovely job you've done there. I like that a lot, and not at all surprised it's nippy on the road too. Hope your partner's son gets on with it well!

Top Bottom