Project Phoenix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
NOS 1970's cloth bar tape.

Not far to go now, almost finished.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
NOS 1970's cloth bar tape.

View attachment 561719

Not far to go now, almost finished.
Nice :becool:

Just come across this thread. Very nice job. I agree with others, at first I thought the silver would look like a 1980’s reps car but it’s actually proper smart. A real head turner, great job :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
P.S. go for the 6 speed freewheel. I've got both 5 and 6's and the latter are much more user-friendly with only two tooth gaps between the small sprockets not three teeth like on the 5 speeds. On 5 speeds I often find myself wanting a gear midway between 4th and 5th, but on a 6 speed, 5th is that goldilocks ratio.
I agree about that ratio but I seem to have a gentle buzz felt feeding back through the pedals in top on my (similar but different aka less mint) 6 speed that wasn't there on 5 speeds. Nothing visibly rubbing. Any thoughts? A chain line skew too far?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You took your time ! :laugh:
A long, cold winter kind of dampened any enthusiasm, even with a wood burner in the shed. Still, all but done now, and on to my next project...

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I seem to have a gentle buzz felt feeding back through the pedals in top on my (similar but different aka less mint) 6 speed that wasn't there on 5 speeds. Nothing visibly rubbing. Any thoughts? A chain line skew too far?

Can't say I've experienced any roughness on a 6-speed. Assuming you have a triple, if the buzz is chainline-related then it ought to be at it's worst when on the small or middle front rings. On the large front ring of a triple, the chainline is pretty decent in the higher rear ratios. Middle front to 6th on the rear will be mediocre, and small front to 6th rear just bad.

Top Bottom