Propel or AR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances, I have to sell my bike to help fund our family holiday to the States in September. (BooHoo)
But......once I get back I shall be either purchasing a new one or building one from scratch. Being a Felt owner for the last 9 months or so I was adamant that I'd stay with the brand and upgrade to the Felt AR frame, and this is still my preferred choice...... However the only thing holding me back is the fact that the rear brake is situated underneath near the BB area. Whilst this looks extremely cool..... and Im going to assume it makes it more aero. Surely with it being located down there, it makes it more awkward to service and most probably would get caked in sh*t after most rides.
Anyway, as much as I prefer the Felt to any other bike, the other choice for me is the Giant Propel. Another aero frame of course but with the rear brake in the usual place.
Obviously I haven't ridden these machines yet so chances are I will prefer one more than the other. I am hoping to have a spin on a Propel on Sunday as a friend of a friend has one and has kindly said I could go a few miles on it to see how I like it.
I guess what I'm after here is any opinions on either machine and any feedback from anyone who has direct mounted brakes situated down there.
I must also say that both these bikes would be a huge change for me as I have been riding a Felt Z85, which is more sportive and comfort based.
Thanks in advance

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The one which fits best and/or you like the look of. Performance wise, you won't know the difference.

I did about 350 miles (in the space of a week) on a Propel in February, it was okay. I wouldn't swap my CAAD9 for one though...

Last edited:

Citius

I would go for an F1, not an AR. Much better all-round frame, and it has the rear caliper where it should be..

Top Bottom