Property adjustingfrom road brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
After a week of monster down hills. The ultegra 6700 front brake is ribbing on my wheel. It not sat night as I have unscrews the nut etc but it's crabbing on the left hand side pad

How does one fix it

Cheers chaps

Assuming I am on the right track and re-translated some of what your autofill text has done,
After a week of monster down hills. The ultegra 6700 front brake is rubbing on my wheel. It not sat right as I have unscrewed the nut etc but it's crabbing :huh: on the left hand side pad

How does one fix it

Cheers chaps
Could be one or more of various adjustments...
Various tutorials and specific advice on the internet for corrective adjustments - my advice is to try a search for "adjusting shimano caliper road brakes"

T

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Best way I've always found is to use a cone spanner. Not sure of the exact mm (suspect 13 or 14mm)

Slot the spanner between the frame and the back of the brake, there is usually a knurled washer that you locate it onto. You can then adjust this which aligns the brakes.

Dual pivots have an adjustment screw on the side, which TBH doesn't work as well. Other option, is to grab both calliper legs, and slowly push it to the correct side - this works if you've not monkey wrenched the brake to the frame too tight.

potsy

Rambler
Assuming I am on the right track and re-translated some of what your autofill text has done,

Could be one or more of various adjustments...
Various tutorials and specific advice on the internet for corrective adjustments - my advice is to try a search for "adjusting shimano caliper road brakes"

T
You missed out 'crabbing' :whistle: or is that a Tameside expression :biggrin:

Top Bottom