Propping the bike for a photo in the wild...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't think for a moment that we don't know what this is really about....

….it is all just a pretext to allow stopping for a breather on a long long climb while pretending not to:laugh::okay:

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
I really like this. How did you put this together? laser cut to size from a CAD file or something a bit more simple?

OP
OP
Specialeyes
I really like this. How did you put this together? laser cut to size from a CAD file or something a bit more simple?
Essentially that - measured the height above ground of a bottom bracket or two, accounted for an ideal 75-degree angle and drew up a .dxf file for one of my colleagues to CNC for me. The ends of the support have different depths of scallop out of them (5mm and 12mm) to allow for more variability and I put multiple holes in for the rod to create a greater range of angles and therefore heights. When it's set up perfectly, you can take the rod away for the photo, though the polished insides of the holes now catch the light.
I uploaded some photos to the GCN Show Hack/Bodge and it's at 88% hack at the moment ^_^ (though the photo wouldn't get a SuperNice from GCN Tech as the valves aren't lined up - but it's not about the bike!)

1594914063843.png

Attachments

• 1594914094452.png
    1594914094452.png
    585.8 KB · Views: 6

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Essentially that - measured the height above ground of a bottom bracket or two, accounted for an ideal 75-degree angle and drew up a .dxf file for one of my colleagues to CNC for me. The ends of the support have different depths of scallop out of them (5mm and 12mm) to allow for more variability and I put multiple holes in for the rod to create a greater range of angles and therefore heights. When it's set up perfectly, you can take the rod away for the photo, though the polished insides of the holes now catch the light.
I uploaded some photos to the GCN Show Hack/Bodge and it's at 88% hack at the moment ^_^ (though the photo wouldn't get a SuperNice from GCN Tech as the valves aren't lined up - but it's not about the bike!)

View attachment 536291

Fantastic job. I think I've just found myself a little side project to have a go at when at work! We've got the same kind of toys to play with.

Top Bottom