Protecting Your Bar Tape.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1836

Über Member
My last years Xmas present was a new Cube road bike with bright orange stem and handlebar tape.
csm_878400-H-002_f8faee65a4.jpg
Now I always ride with full light weight gloves initially because on my MTB the heat use to make the grips sticky but now with the tape being so bright I wear gloves to keep them clean so keeping my bike in top order, apart from wearing gloves can anyone make any more suggestions to protect the bar tape?

All bartape should be black, replace it to solve the problem :becool:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Accept the fact that tape is a consumable and that it's going to degrade. Buy another roll now and store it, that'll stop you worrying so much about protecting the stuff that's on there. I usually look forward to the tape wearing as I actively like replacing it with a fresh set. I've usually got a couple of boxes in the garage.

If you can't get Cube tape, other brands are available and will look just as good. This is one from Bontrager:

12521_H_1_Gel_Cork_Tape.jpg

OP
OP
mick1836

mick1836

Über Member
Appears several of the 2017 TDF riders also like my choice of tape & bike colour?
IMG_2027_zpsmxkmxmr5.jpg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Accept the fact that tape is a consumable and that it's going to degrade. Buy another roll now and store it, that'll stop you worrying so much about protecting the stuff that's on there. I usually look forward to the tape wearing as I actively like replacing it with a fresh set. I've usually got a couple of boxes in the garage.

If you can't get Cube tape, other brands are available and will look just as good. This is one from Bontrager:

View attachment 360992

Me too. I like wrapping as well. A condition that affects even the greatest minds.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
All bar tape should be white and replaced at regular intervals.... :smile:

I subscribed to this view for a long time and fought valiantly to keep my bar tape pristine to the point where I wouldn't even wear black gloves, cleaning it fastidiously and then replacing the tape when it got grimy

All bartape should be black, replace it to solve the problem :becool:

And eventually I gave in and replaced it with black bar tape and stopped worrying about it.

All bar tap is there to serve a function not to look pretty.

And realised that @Markymark was right :eek: (blimey, that was hard to type...);)

Top Bottom