Protectyourbubble.com a warning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, the wife dropped her iPhone today, successfully smashing the screen of it. Actually 'fragmenting' it is probably a more apt description. "Never mind" I said. We knew she'd probably do it at some point, and so purchased mobile phone insurance for her. We're with Protectyourbubble.com so I looked up how to claim...

The claim line is a premium rate 0844 number. This made me sigh, but we rang it anyway...

... well over ten minutes later, having not heard a single human voice and for the majority part simply sitting listening to 'lift music' I gave up.

Nice that they can supplement the cost of a claim by the extra cash from a premium rate number isn't it?

I've tried contacting them by email instead, so will see how that goes, but thought it worth mentioning here so that others can pick up their practice by a google search.

Of course, if they manage to swing things round after the email, I'll update!

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
What's the excess with PYB?

OP
OP
CopperCyclist

CopperCyclist

Veteran
Dont take this as gospel, but I think you can contact them on 020 8045 7434.

thats according to the "say no to 0870" website

Yep, love that website, and tried it.

"Sorry sir, this line is for new quotes only. You have to ring 0844.... no I can't put you through."

So, cheap/free to set up the policy, expensive to claim.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
From their website, 50 quid for an iPhone. Interestingly I never actually went with PYB - I went with Barclaycard and was transferred over to them recently.
I don't bother with mobile phone insurance myself, but the wife is clumsy and we knew she'd drop the phone at some point.

Thats a bit of a bugger then isnt it? I dropped my iPhone last month. I've got insurance through O2 (with someone else, forget the name). Called them (freephone number), claim dealt with in 5 mins. £40 excess. Easy.

Yep, love that website, and tried it.

"Sorry sir, this line is for new quotes only. You have to ring 0844.... no I can't put you through."

So, cheap/free to set up the policy, expensive to claim.

You just add the phone call costs it into the cost of the claim.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dropped my HTC Desire from a great height, mashed screen. £20 from Amazon, new screen delivered, fitted myself in 30 minutes with video's from Google. Just about to sort out the Kindle when the screen arrives from China !! :thumbsup:

Don't bother with insurance !

Not sure but, I don't think 0844 are real premium rate numbers, I'm sure there is a connection charge normally around 4p then a charge between 0.5 and 5 p per minute based on the rest of the number after 0844.

More than a normal call; but, it's not the not quite like the 09 numbers with up to £25 connection charge and £1.50 per minute, (which a friend has told me is used for something called "sex lines"). :whistle:

Davidc

Guru
If you stick to phones that are £3.00 in Argos sale you don't need insurance - just buy another when it breaks.

It does everything I want a mobile phone to do and costs me £10 a month for the SIM only contract which includes 3000 texts and 3000 minutes of calls to any landline or mobile network.

Show me a deal at no greater cost and I'll have a smartphone - provided its battery life is at least as good!

Top Bottom