Protectyourbubble.com a warning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not sure but, I don't think 0844 are real premium rate numbers, I'm sure there is a connection charge normally around 4p then a charge between 0.5 and 5 p per minute based on the rest of the number after 0844.
'tis true that the charge varies depending on the rest of the number (using a system that nobody - even, I suspect, BT - understands) I was shocked to learn lately in an email from moneysavingexpert.com that:
"BT's announced its line rent will jump to £15.45/mth in Jan. Two years ago, it was £11.54 (online bills, direct debit), so it's a 34% rise. Daytime calls will also rise to 8.41p/min (from 7.95p) and the connection fee for each paid call will be 13.9p (13.1p)."
(my emphasis). I didn't know there even was a 'connection charge. I thought you paid by the minute, period. To me that seems a bit like charging an entry fee to come into your shop and buy stuff.

davefb

Guru
Dropped my HTC Desire from a great height, mashed screen. £20 from Amazon, new screen delivered, fitted myself in 30 minutes with video's from Google. Just about to sort out the Kindle when the screen arrives from China !! :thumbsup:

Don't bother with insurance !
other half managed to wreck her screen on the htc desire.. 50 quid fixed by a bloke in the market........ to be fair he'd quoted the wrong quote ( theres two htc desire screens, one costs more than the other, he made about 2p on the work... )....... but yeah, screens CAN BE cheap, so check first ;)

The thing that impresses me is just how smashed an iPhone screen can be and it still works. I know quite a few people who are walking around with phones with smashed screens using them quite happily.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The thing that impresses me is just how smashed an iPhone screen can be and it still works. I know quite a few people who are walking around with phones with smashed screens using them quite happily.

Depends which bit - digitiser yes - LED - nope as you can't see anything.

Top Bottom