ProTour Punditry Predictions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I have a sneaky feeling it might be Aru

Twice in this Vuelta I've had exactly the same sneaky feeling and then regretted ignoring it... Go with your instinct!

Mine is telling me this one is between Contador and Froome. That final climb is a monster. Should be a right old ding-dong.

The Couch

Über Member
20 - thought about going for Kelderman (in an escape) but Sky might keep the pace blistering high, so Froome
7 - havent's seen the profile, but as everyone seems to be going for him, it must suit him, Kwiatek

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Twice in this Vuelta I've had exactly the same sneaky feeling and then regretted ignoring it... Go with your instinct!

Mine is telling me this one is between Contador and Froome. That final climb is a monster. Should be a right old ding-dong.

Think you're right, so I've gone for Froome and I'll stick with it, but Aru was so pleased the other day that he'd stuck with and then taken the top GC riders that I wonder if he'll be on a high that'll spur him on*. His performance hasn't been consistent so it's stopped me committing to him, but I could easily see a repeat of the Aru - Froome finish.

I can't tell you how many times I've mistakenly ignored my sneaky feelings this Vuelta.

*Not that sort of a high, despite Team Evil.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
7 - havent's seen the profile, but as everyone seems to be going for him, it must suit him, Kwiatek

Sprint-ish finish but with a quite lumpy profile throughout and a hardish climb near the finish. I've just gone for K because I think he's got to commit to attacking the GC today and he's capable of it, though it could easily be a breakaway and a win for a semi-sprinter who's strong in the hills.

I've worked it out now.
This predicting whilst getting smashed on Spanish produced alcohol is not working.

8b - Kittel

The Couch

Über Member
why are there Green jersey points to be won in a TT?
Anyway,
21 - Dennis

Man... why the hell did I saw everybody taking Kittel for points jersey (which in my lack of time - I copied), since none of these stages seem to suit him? ^_^
Anyway, my GC pick of man-in-form but not even going for the GC better deliver me something
TT - Chavanel
Sprint - Kittel

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Vuelta 21 = Froome

ToB 8a = Wiggins, he's got to do something this tour and I don't want to look too much like I'm copying Smutch (though Dowsett'll be up for it).

ToB 8b = Kittel

Top Bottom