Proud as punch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Congrats to her! My late best pal was a lawyer and I don't think I've ever known anybody with a better understanding of life and human nature. Everybody turned to him for advice.

(He was Irish and he had a typically Irish turn of phrase. I remember him saying once: "Well.... it's one of those things that might happen or it might not.... but there again, it already has!")

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A great result for hard work. Congratulations to you and your daughter.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
What branch of the law does she intend to pursue?

Listening to the criminal barristers, they reckon there's no money in that these days, although some solicitors do OK from magistrates' court work.

Still big coin to be had if daughter rises to leading counsel (QC) status, although it might be KC by the time she gets there.

Family is a big growth area if daughter can hack dealing with the punters.

Good money to be had in commercial law, but that might mean working in London or at least a big city, and even some that do it concede it's deathly dull.

OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
What branch of the law does she intend to pursue?

Listening to the criminal barristers, they reckon there's no money in that these days, although some solicitors do OK from magistrates' court work.

Still big coin to be had if daughter rises to leading counsel (QC) status, although it might be KC by the time she gets there.

Family is a big growth area if daughter can hack dealing with the punters.

Good money to be had in commercial law, but that might mean working in London or at least a big city, and even some that do it concede it's deathly dull.
She is taking a year out now, she starts a full time job in August in Marketing, something completely different I know, then she may go back to Leeds Uni to pursue her Masters.
She is edging towards Commercial/intellectual Property Law.

OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
4CA604AE-E2C3-46D7-967E-D47B35AEFC7A.jpeg

Thank you for all your kind comments, I’ve shown Abbie the thread.
She graduated today, my proudest day ever.
Pictured here at Leeds Uni with my younger daughter Alexa.

Top Bottom