Proud new owner..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gratts

Of a Claude Butler Roubaix road bike!! :smile:
Paid for it today, picking it up on monday hopefully once I've got bikeshed key and locks bought.
Took it for a spin before buying it..WOW! :wacko:
Never ridden a road bike before..seemed to adjust easily. Just amazed me how light it was and how fast I went with so little effort.

Can't wait to take it for a proper ride. Free afternoons Tuesday and Wednesday..guess what I'll be doing :tongue:

Also, bit of advice..D-locks..
Are they all pretty much the same or is there big difference? Any features I should be looking for? Don't want to spend crazy money, but I'd like to know my baby is secure!!

Cheers

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well done mate. Enjoy it.
I don't feel the need for a decent lock myself as there is no way I'm going to leave my baby anywhere out of sight!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
And there was I, looking in the Beginners section for how you had got on :sad:

Anyway, delighted to hear of your new bike and I hope you have many happy, speedy miles together :angry:.

Regarding locks.
Received wisdom is that you spend about 10% of the value of the bike on your lock. Locks are graded according to their resistance to removal. Cycling + did a review recently which can be seen here.

And yes, road bikes do give that 'quick' feeling :biggrin:

OP
OP
G

gratts

Interesting reading. Maybe the OnGuard Bulldog Mini LS would be an option..~£20.
On question though. There's a one year '£500 Anti Theft Protection offer' mentioned with the bulldog. What the fiddlesticks is that?!
Anything better for around the same money?

bonj2

gratts said:
Also, bit of advice..D-locks..
Are they all pretty much the same or is there big difference? Any features I should be looking for? Don't want to spend crazy money, but I'd like to know my baby is secure!!

Cheers

kryptonite evolution mini.
can normally always find a railing you can get it close enough to not to need a long one, and when you do it's more secure as less room to get say a jack in it. And it's lighter, less than a kg.

bonj2

gratts said:
Interesting reading. Maybe the OnGuard Bulldog Mini LS would be an option..~£20.
On question though. There's a one year '£500 Anti Theft Protection offer' mentioned with the bulldog. What the fiddlesticks is that?!
Anything better for around the same money?

it means they'll pay you upto £500 if it gets nicked while locked up with that lock. How much proof you have to give though I don't know, possibly just that you bought the lock and that you've still got the key.

derall

Guru
gratts said:
Of a Claude Butler Roubaix road bike!! :thumbsup:
[...]
Took it for a spin before buying it..WOW! ;)
Never ridden a road bike before..seemed to adjust easily. Just amazed me how light it was and how fast I went with so little effort.
[...]

I had exactly the same reaction when I got my Claud Butler San Remo. First Lightweight roadbike, previously I'd ridden tourers, MTB, folder, 'bent. In comparison the CB was seriously fast. I love it and it's my primary bike now
San_Remo.jpg

Chuffy

Veteran
derall said:
I had exactly the same reaction when I got my Claud Butler San Remo. First Lightweight roadbike, previously I'd ridden tourers, MTB, folder, 'bent. In comparison the CB was seriously fast. I love it and it's my primary bike now
San_Remo.jpg
xx(
I've seen less salad at an all-you-can-eat buffet!

Groovy bars though. :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Congratts (see what I did there - genius eh?) :biggrin:

Now don't forget to get up very early tomorrow and take pictures and post them here. Eye candy, that's what we need ... xx(

Top Bottom