PSA: If you're travelling on arriva trains...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...and you're having trouble getting your bike booked on, this is what you do....

Call the head office from their website and ask for the regional train office relating to where you are. Call them, and say you've got a problem with a ticket. They have secret customer relations people at their regional offices who will ACTUALLY SORT OUT YOUR BIKE RESERVATION AT NO EXTRA COST AND BE REALLY FRIENDLY ABOUT IT.

This means you avoid the crap from thetrainline.com who don't know what they're talking about when it comes to bike bookings AND YOU ACTUALLY GET WHAT YOU WANT.

I just did this, and despite having to make a few phone calls around the place I found a really helpful individual who was just a pleasure to deal with. So naturally I thought I'd share this with you all :becool:

Ditto the advice above - I think I gave a 'heads-up' about this sometime last year.

If you can't get to a proper train station to buy the ticket in person (using all the info from the internet) then please, please, please avoid using trainline.com! The one (and only) time I used trainline.com for a cycle reservation left me a broken man.

S

Top Bottom