Pseud Food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Was it real crab or just fish mashed up and shaped like a crab, same as scampi?

Scampi's not mashed fish - they are prawns surely?

screenman

Legendary Member
I hope Skipdiver see's this topic, and I am really suprised more money than sense has not popped up yet.

Not a fan of crab myself but I am sure my better half would like to pop on board next time we visit the area.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Usually monkfish tails.

Neither prawns nor monkfish (that used to be used years ago before monkfish became trendy and expensive.)

If something is on the menu as Scampi it must be whole tail scampi.
https://groceries.iceland.co.uk/youngs-scampi-220g/p/57309

Scampi fries or Scampi bites are other fish moulded to the shape.
https://groceries.iceland.co.uk/whitby-seafoods-breaded-scampi-bites-203g/p/66236

Wiki:
Scampi, also called Dublin Bay Prawn, or Norway Lobster, (Nephrops norvegicus), is an edible lobster of the order Decapoda (class Crustacea)
220px-Nephrops_norvegicus.jpg

similar in form to Lobster
upload_2018-8-24_23-25-25.jpeg

Prawn is a common name for small aquatic crustaceans with an exoskeleton and ten legs
220px-Penaeus_monodon.jpg

Shrimp Scampi is a food that includes various culinary preparations of certain crustaceans,[2] such as Metanephrops, as well as shrimp or prawns. Shrimp Scampi preparation styles vary regionally. The United Kingdom legally defines scampi specifically as Nephrops norvegicus,[3] Monkfish tail was sometimes illegally used and sold as scampi in the United Kingdom in the past[4] contravening the Fish Labelling (Amendment) England Regulation 2005 and Schedule 1 of the Food Labelling Regulations 1996.

For completeness, crayfish are a form of fresh water lobster
220px-Paranephrops.jpg

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5361197, member: 9609"]should have binned off the crab and green stuff - plastered inside of bun with quarter inch thick of butter then stuffed all those chips in - just imagine trying to bite into it with all that melted butter oozing out :wahhey:[/QUOTE]

I like your style - nowt beats a good chip butty!

Top Bottom