Public perception

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Why is it that non-cyclists either think I'm this year's favourite for the Tour De France or that I spend half the year on Rainbow Warrior and set out to make car drivers' lives a misery? These misconceptions always make me chuckle.

yep, why can't you be both :-)
 

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm a real weido - a right winger on a bike!

I must be under cover ;)
I think there's a strong libertarian element in cycling, being very self reliant and independent of foreign oil.

What I don't understand is why the most right wing parties seem the most determined to impose extra rules on cycling. Aren't they meant to oppose nanny states?
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
I'm a bit right wing and I'm huge fan of reducing dependence on foreign oil for both strategic and economic reasons. I guess I'm a bit confused.
 
Tell them that you are combining the two, and will be taking a more aquatic approach to the Tour


schiller-X1-water-bike-designboom07.jpg
 

swansonj

Guru
I'm a real weido - a right winger on a bike!

I must be under cover ;)
No. You're not really a right-winger at all. You're someone who is desperately trying to cling on to the superficial pretence of right-wingery for the sake of maintaining your self-image, whilst increasingly being forced to come to terms with the fact that your inner self is in fact a left-winger struggling to emerge. You'll get there in the end, given another twenty years.... :smile: :smile: :smile:
 
Top Bottom