Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Lezyne
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-pressure-drive-pump

But attach to bike, not in pocket where it could impale you if you come off

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
NOT Lezyne from me. I have had a track stand and a mini floor pump malfunction and their after sales care/warranty is rubbish.

I’ll be buying Topeak from now on. I had a track pump that lasted nearly 15 years before the rubber seals dried out. I also have a micro pump which broke (valve) which they replaced with no quibble. That be goes in my jersey pocket. I think it’s called a pocket rocket or similar.

vickster

Legendary Member
The small or the medium?
I have the medium. It worked fine the couple of times I’ve had to use it
A topeak one I had before was crap. I don’t like the ones that push onto the valve...I like the little hose on the Lezyne (but not with awful Continental tubes with flying valves)

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
NOT Lezyne from me. I have had a track stand and a mini floor pump malfunction and their after sales care/warranty is rubbish.

I’ll be buying Topeak from now on. I had a track pump that lasted nearly 15 years before the rubber seals dried out. I also have a micro pump which broke (valve) which they replaced with no quibble. That be goes in my jersey pocket. I think it’s called a pocket rocket or similar.

I'll have a look - thanks

When my old Topeak Micro Pocket Rocket failed reviews of it lacking a hose (snapping stems) put me off getting another, so I went Lezyne which had positive reviews. The first (a Lite Drive IIRC) was a disaster, more powerful than the topeak for a similar size and also marketed as a pocket pump but after a month or two the plastic leyzyne pump lost pressure in its barrel and refused to pump. I replaced it with the slightly heavier/bigger pressure drive and touch wood I have never had a problem with that but in hindsight my topeak never broke a stem in 10 + years and whilst slower to pump was faster to attach and I should have got another.

wisdom

Guru
I use a toprak race rocket.That has a flexi hose.Never had a problem at all.

Slioch

Guru
Topeak Pocket Rocket for me. Had it about 7 years.
Not brilliant, tbh. But does the job - just.
It doesn't have a flexible hose, so there's a risk of damaging the valve core.
And I can just about get 60psi into the tyre with it, which is enough to get me home (tyres are 700c x 25, and I normally run them at 95 psi). I would prefer to be able to get 80 - 90psi at the roadside.
If I wasn't so tight I would probably look to upgrade to something the previous posters are recommending :smile:

Top Bottom